"Don't Be Legalistic" from Matthew 12:1-14

Psalm Reading
Psalm 18:25-36 (New International Version)
25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
26 to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
27 You save the humble
but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
28 You, LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
29 With your help I can advance against a troop[a];
with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
The LORD’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
so that my ankles do not give way.


Prayer Request
Church Building. Please continue to pray for the provision for the church building. And pray that God will help us during the transition.

* * *

Our study for today was about the Pharisees who are being legalistic in the Law.
If I will pray and show good works, will God blessed me?
Yes He will, but if you based it on the prayer and good works alone, then you are wrong.

Don't use worship for you to be blessed. You are blessed and that is the reason for you to worship. Being self righteous and lagalistic is like being Pharisees.

True righteousness comes from the heart.
We are saved to serve and not serve to be saved.

Jesus didn't came to abolish the law but to fulfill it. God created the sabbath. The creator will always be supreme from what it is created.

The purpose of sabbath is to rest and it is for us - our reward from God. Now to where we will spend it - if its for God or pleasure or money - it is our choice.

The word sabbath was mentioned 7-times in this chapter and seven is the completion.
Know that Jesus is the prophet, prince and King.

Don't depend in your own flesh in serving people.
Not doing good in sabbath day or any other day is the same as doing evil.

We don't want to be legalistic in serving God. The question is "how is your relationship with God?"
Don't be like pharisees who were more loyal to thier religious ways than to God.

They way you live your life reveal your reason for living.
Do what is pleasing in the eyes of God not man.

Pastor's Message
Romans 8:31b If God is for us, who can be against us?

Paul the apostle mentioned here that we are more than conquerors because Christ's love is for us. This statement was indeed reliable and trustworthy because He promised us that He will never ever leave us nor forsake us. So we must hold on to this promise and know without a doubt that He is meant for us.



Nice Christian Life Experiences~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Imitate Good Not Evil" from 2 Samuel 13

"Pay Attention" from 2 Kings 21

"Grow In Christ" from Matthew 10:1-20