"Who Is The Greatest?" from Matthew 18

Psalm 27
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour[a] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.

7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.


***


The disciples will often wonder who is the greatest among themselves and in the kingdom of heaven. Just like some people, do we often think about who will be the greatest in the kingdom of God?
And Jesus explained "unless you'll be like children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven". The "children" if someone will tell you "para ka man bata" (you're like the kids) is that a good thing or not?
Being like the children are innocent (from bad things), curious (about learning God more), and humble (when we made mistakes).
Humility is the key to become the greatest. Humble thy self in the eyes of the Lord and He shall lift you up. The path to greatness is the path of servanthood not looking for ourselves but for the Lord.

The worst sin is to destroy the child's faith in God. In heaven thier (children) angels will always behold them. We all have angels in heaven to protect us.

In verse 8: Jesus doesn't mean literally. If anything cause you to sin then cut it out, the good example of this is, if in case gossiping cause you to sin (then to cut it off) don't talk to that person and tell her/him not to cause you to sin.

Jesus is present even in the gathering of 2 and 3 person.
This is also the same in fellowship with the church it doesn't matter how many people will attend as long as those few people agree with each other and have one faith then Jesus is present in the midst.

How many times do you forgive someone who does the same mistakes?
Seven times?
Seven times seventy! Before you finally finish counting 490 you will forget where you left of counting the mistakes of people who did you wrong.
In short, Jesus said "it is not the matter of numbers but the matter of the spirit, if you can't forgive how can your Father in heaven forgive you?"
Do you want to hear from God (before you enter the kingdom of heaven) I remember what you did this and that and you're still not forgiven because you haven't forgave this and that person too!
You got to be willing to forgive pray for the spirit of forgiveness. And to remove all the bitterness.

Divorce?
Because of the hardness of the heart in man Moses put up the law of divorce. But Jesus explain "in the beginning it was not so, God intended to have ONLY one partner (Adam and Eve)" so the children will not be hurt. Jesus have only ONE cause of divorce and that is fornication.


Good works?
There are always people who will work their way to God's presence and blessing - what good work must I do to inherent the kingdom of Heaven?
The answer; There are no good works that man can do to achieve going to heaven. There is only one Good and that is God.
To measure us, Keep the commandments the Law of God. And have relationship with God.
How to have relationship with God?
Get to know him more, you can never have relationship with someone whom you don't know, for example, how will you establish a relationship with the person you like? You have to know her/him and give her/him what she/he wants till you establish the strong relationship and do not do what she/he doesn't like.

How to know God more?
Read the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (The BIBLE). Fellowship with the same faith (believers) And have a relationship with God.
Nice Christian Life Experiences~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Imitate Good Not Evil" from 2 Samuel 13

"Pay Attention" from 2 Kings 21

"Grow In Christ" from Matthew 10:1-20