- spiritomy - is from the greek word.
- circumcision - sign of separation. exclusively chosen by God. To bring this as of today this is like baptism it is the sign of that we are declaring we are Christians.
If the baptised person gives no evidence of salvation than it is a mockery.
The Gentiles are uncircumcised before.
We must remember that God looks at the heart.
And, the law is like a thermometer it will tell you have committed a sin but it will not remove the sin.
Being a Jew means nothing if you're not obeying the law of God.
Everything that you do are in vain if its not done from the heart.
- Transgressions means crossing the line. you know that it is wrong but you are still doing it.
What are the disadvantage of uncircumcised?
- separated from messiah without Christ
- excluded from citizenship from Israel
- foreigners of the covenant and the promises - God made for his people.
- without hope - you will die and go to hell.
- without God in the world.
Romans 2:26 If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised?-> it is also the same as we are married and losses our wedding ring doesn't mean we are unmarried.
-> also the same thing to those who are married but commit adultery then the wedding ring is meaningless.
Galatians 5:14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Lord search our heart and see if there are any wicked things in us.
Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—
The real circumcision is the circumcision of the heart.