We Have Our Dwelling Place from 2 Corinthians

Psalm 63

A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.

1 You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.

9 Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.

11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God will glory in him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

* * *

We are more than our bodies. Paul was not looking on temporary body but looking on eternal bodies.

We have building from God an eternal house in heaven.
Hebrews 11:10
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

1 Peter 1:4
and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,

Salvation isn't for the soul and spirit. It's for the body also.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
Isaiah 55:8

If you are going tired and weary. God has provided a counsellor.

When God made a Deposit He guarantees that we are own by the Lord. Through the Holy Spirit. We can be assure nothing will snatch us.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Imitate Good Not Evil" from 2 Samuel 13

"Grow In Christ" from Matthew 10:1-20

"Pay Attention" from 2 Kings 21